Information Security Intern
- Job ID: 2019-5601
- Category: College Recruiting
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson is honored to receive 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?!
In this role, you will gain valuable exposure to IT & Information Security work. You will build your skills and experience with security fundamentals as we look to you to design, document, and implement process and procedure. We seek a candidate who is self-driven, can research and independently troubleshoot technical issues, and work effectively in a team environment inclusive of engineers, analysts, and business partners. Highlights of your work with this Mortenson internship will include:
- Performing daily log review and real-time alert monitoring via the Log Management Platform
- Performing network vulnerability assessments, social engineering, and IT audits
- Documenting information security tools, processes, and procedures
Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study with our team. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Computer Networking Systems at Dunwoody College of Technology
- Have a minimum 3.4 GPA
- Demonstrate a strong desire and willingness to learn new technologies and tools
- Possess strong problem analysis, problem solving, and issue resolution skills
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally to both technical and non-technical users
- Possess strong organizational skills with attention to detail and an eye and desire for quality
- Demonstrate the ability to own and drive tasks and projects
- Have access to reliable transportation
You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Are of junior or senior standing
- Have previous experience in troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Have a basic understanding of Office 365 and Azure tools, Mobile devices, Windows 7/10, Windows and Linux Server OS, LAN/WAN technologies, anti-virus software and computer hardware
- Have knowledge and experience in working with firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, and SEIM tools
- Basic understanding of security controls, monitoring systems, and other drivers that impact security policies and practices
- Familiarity with risk assessment and vulnerability management concepts
- Familiarity with malware detection and prevention
This internship will be full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer and is located at Mortenson Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.