Learning Technologist, Part-time (Posting Up-dated 8-8-17)
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Previewlink.
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
This is a flexible 20 hr/week position for M-F including early evenings; with occasional Saturday mornings. Options include 10, 11 or 12 months/year.
|Posting specifications||Open to all qualified candidates|
|Job Title||Learning Technologist, Part-time (Posting Up-dated 8-8-17)|
|Job Summary||The College of St. Scholastica is seeking a 20 hour per week Learning Technologists to provide course development and technical assistance to College faculty and students for online, hybrid, blended and traditional environments. Will provide web conferencing support for synchronous online courses, develop and deliver training to users on instructional and productivity technologies, resolve faculty technology issues related to course delivery and live synchronous sessions and research and recommend technology applications.|
|Key Results/Responsibilities||– Provides support for faculty as they use teaching and learning technologies such as web conferencing systems, LMS, and other applications.
– Performs quality assurance of new online courses; redesigns and updates master courses; ensures technical readiness in course selections.
– Demonstrates commitment to inclusive excellence as an expression of the Benedictine values of the College.
– Creates and delivers training and presentations for faculty who are teaching with academic technologies; develops web and multimedia support materials and informational resources;
– Stays current on academic technology and online learning trends and innovations; makes recommendations on integration and use; assists with testing, troubleshooting and implementation of the LMS and other academic and multimedia technologies.
– Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of the Information Technologies team.
|Required Qualifications||Education and Experience:
Associate’s Degree in information technology, education or related field; AND two (2) years of instructional technology experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||This is a flexible 20 hr/week position for M-F including early evenings; with occasional Saturday mornings. Options include 10, 11 or 12 months/year.|
|Pay Rate||High teens per hour or commensurate with qualifications.|
|Job Open Date||08/04/2017|
|Job Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Job start date||asap|
|EEO Statement||The College of St. Scholastica is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is rich in diversity, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. While there is no religious requirement, we are interested in individuals who value and support the rich Catholic Benedictine heritage of the College of St. Scholastica.|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Thank you for applying for a position at The College of St. Scholastica. We would like to know how you found out about this position. Please select the appropriate response from the following options.
- The St. Scholastica Employment Site
- Employee Referral
- Jobs HQ
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Minnesota Works.Net
- Professional Website
- Professional Journal
- Other web
- Other print
- * What kinds of experiences have you had working with others with different backgrounds than your own?(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter