Job Title: IT Administrator
Reports To: Shelter Operations Director
FLSA Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt, may include weekends and holidays
To provide exceptional, proactive and dependable technology service and support for all facets of the technology infrastructure at Animal Allies. The IT Administrator serves to enable and enhance the entire Animal Allies organization to operate and deliver life saving services to the animals we care for and the community we serve.
This position will provide caring, humane treatment to shelter animals in a safe healthy environment as outlined within the guidelines of Animal Allies Humane Society mission and policy/procedure statements and under the direction of the Kennel Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- NETWORK & SERVER SUPPORT
- Troubleshoot and resolve AAHS network, phone and/or internet outages to restore service as quickly as possible.
- Diagnose and resolve AAHS server issues – working with outside service and consulting providers as necessary.
- Rotate, log and manage offsite server backup drives to ensure data asecurity and business continuity.
- DESKTOP SUPPORT
- Troubleshoot and rapidly resolve user workstation or other technology issues
- Set up and configure new workstation hardware for our environment with specified standard operating system, software, and configuration.
- Add, modify and manage workstations or other hardware on AAHS server and networks.
- Remove end-of-life workstations from service and perform data scrub to facilitate donation/disposal.
- Install print drivers and set up workstations for printers
- Map user drives as required to enable shared storage on AAHS server
- Create, manage and suspend GSuite domain ID’s and Gmail addresses.
- Set up internal address forwarding according to need.
- Perform periodic Gmail address audit and alignment.
- Perform periodic hardware and software proactive and preventative maintenance.
- Develop need-based specifications and present technology options analysis for review, approval and procurement.
- Plan and implement technology updates and upgrades as driven by business needs and requirements.
- Prepare, set up, support and take down technology for AAHS events as needed.
- Build and replace Ethernet and phone patch cables as required for maintenance and/or enhancement.
- Assist and support staff and volunteers in rapid response troubleshooting, diagnosing, researching and resolving all issues related to AAHS technology.
- Must be able to work closely with all staff, volunteers, and the public in a positive, practical manner and be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong analytical and technical skills are required, including technical understanding of workstations, servers, networks and other infrastructure component support.
- Previous experience in hands-on IT desktop, network and server service and support roles is highly recommended.
- Must demonstrate and use excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must demonstrate and maintain a strong internal aptitude for excellent and positive customer service.
- Must a genuine interest in and concern for the overall well-being of animals and demonstrate empathy and compassion for shelter animals.
- Position is at times physically demanding, including heavy lifting, pushing, pulling and out-of-position work in tight spaces and/or on ladders which would require an individual with ability to maintain a level of fitness and endurance to fulfill the required duties.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without accommodations.
- Individuals may need to sit, stand, kneel and maneuver under desks or equipment and within tight spaces as needed.
- The position may require walking, crawling or laying down primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to store materials and provide support and maintenance of AAHS technological infrastructure throughout the workday.
- Proper lifting and moving techniques required.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job with or without accommodations.
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to animal shelter areas and interaction with domestic animals of varying temperaments which may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, protective gloves, and hearing protection.
- For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical Animal Care and Control facility.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions or qualifications associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise or require that other or different
tasks be performed as circumstances change.
This is a paid internship. Please contact to Daryl Yankee (firstname.lastname@example.org ) Director of Operations to apply for this position.