The CIS student is responsible for:
- Registering for the course, CIS 4555. Registration occurs in the semester where a majority of the internship will take place. Students can register for 1-16 credits of internship, but 4 credits are required for the CIS major.
- Find an organization willing to provide work experience. Most internships are paid, though some are not.
- The student must provide a job description, define learning outcomes for the internship, and have the internship approved by the faculty advisor.
- Work at the internship. We expect students to work 150 hours for each 4 credits or 37.5 hours/credit.
- The student must complete a midpoint evaluation halfway through the internship.
- Both the student and the internship supervisor must complete a final evaluation at the conclusion of the internship.
- The faculty advisor assigns a Pass or Fail grade only after all reports are received. If the reports are not completed, a grade of F is assigned.