If you have questions about the internship process, check out the recording from the internship information sessions:
- Information Session for online CIS Students – https://cssac.css.edu/p2ie1e36l98/
The CIS student is responsible for:
- Registering for the course, CIS 4555. Registration generally occurs at the same time as the internship work, but students may need to register for the credits before or after the internship work is completed. Students can register for 1-16 credits of internship, but 4 credits are required for the CIS major.
- Find an organization willing to provide work experience. Most internships are paid, though some are not.
- The student must develop a contract with the organization using the Internship Agreement (Student and Supervisor) form and submit these at the start of the internship.
- Work at the internship. We expect students to work 150 hours for each 4 credits or 37.5 hours/credit.
- At the end of the internship, the Student’s Final Report and Supervisor’s Final Report must be submitted.
At the start of the internship complete:
At the end of the internship complete: