Who is ALLETE?
ALLETE is an innovative company with more than a century of experience engaged in transforming the energy landscape in the upper Midwest. Our businesses include: Minnesota Power, the largest electric utility in northern Minnesota, Superior Water Light and Power, North Dakota-based BNI Energy and ALLETE Clean Energy. To find out more visit ALLETE.com.
What will I do?
If hired, you would join the Business Applications group in ALLETE’s Cyber Technology Services department. Here you would work on a team of highly skilled technology professionals that assist the business to support and enhance our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) suite and related applications. You would be responsible for the design and delivery of reports, interfaces, conversions, and enhancements (RICE). We are seeking a motivated self-starter with a passion for digging in to the details to figure out how something works while keeping an eye open to finding a better way of doing things.
What sort of candidate are you looking for?
The ideal candidate would be someone with:
- An insatiable desire to learn
- A aspiration to be an integral piece of a high performance team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to be flexible and handle multiple work projects and priorities
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, develop solutions and take actions to resolve
To really grab our attention, tell us about your experiences with any of the following:
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Procedural Language/SQL (PL/SQL)
- Java, Python, C#, PHP or other programming languages/frameworks
- Unix Shell Scripting
- Code Control and Continuous Integration Development Cycle
- Internships or other applicable work experience
- Oracle Products and Services including:
- Enterprise Business Suite (EBS)
- Human Capital Management Cloud (HCM)
- Database Modeling
- Services Orientated Architecture (SOA)
- Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
What’s required to apply?
Bachelor’s degree in an IT related area such as Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or another related field of study
No experience required
This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via http://www.allete.com/careers .
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.
ALLETE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, contact our HR department at 218-723-7553.