Smiths Medical IT Implementation Specialist
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We’re proud that we’ve been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we’re an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
In Smiths Medical, one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, we touch the lives of millions of people every day. Our colleagues are focused on providing innovative, lifesaving solutions for patients around the world.
So whether you’re an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There’s never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
- Implementation Specialist is responsible for managing the technical aspects of an implementation of Smiths Medical Infusion software and hardware within a customer environment.
- Responsible for leading Smiths Medical’s Infusion Management System implementations for onsite and remote activities.
- Serve as the technical subject matter expertise during the sales process which may include editing the Statement of Work, contract negotiations and operational requirements.
- Provide application software support of Smith Medical’s Infusion Management System to existing customers
- Project Management – Lead customer implementation projects
- Coordinates with sales leads, customer project resources, professional service team, application support team, and 3rd party resources on implementation activities.
- Initiate and organize customer meetings, prepare documentation and communication and requires significant phone and meeting skills.
- Perform installations of PharmGuard software, partner with the customer to ensure the customer’s environment is ready for the installation of software and pump hardware, setup and configure the wireless pumps, and provide troubleshooting.
- Conduct system testing with customer resources to ensure the system operates as needed. Depending on the implementation project the testing may be inclusive of wireless pumps to the PharmGuard server or may expand to HL7 messages between the Health Information System and the PharmGuard system
- Reviews issues and address concerns in all stages of implementation and post-implementation for Smiths Medical software and wireless pumps
- Document the details of all customer interactions within Smiths Medical’s customer management system.
- Application Software Support – Assist with application support
- Provide subject matter expertise on data networking, wireless connectivity, cybersecurity, Smiths Medical software and other aspects of technology during customer meetings.
- Assist the application support team in answering customer support calls when not working on an implementation activity
- Scientific University Degree (BS degree) required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Computer Science, or related field with post graduate education in Business (eg MBA an asset).
- 3 to 5 years of technical experience conducting implementations of hospital software and establishing HL7 interfaces
- Project management experience and organizational skills.
- Skilled in documenting customer interactions in a customer relationship management system
- Proficient oral and written communication skills. Word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and MS Project.
- Efficient collaboration with a variety of people at different levels of an organization.
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Record systems link Epic, Cerner, MEDITECH, Allscripts and IHE Standards.
- Proven technical analytical and problems solving skills.
- Requires previous experience selling services and IT solutions to the Healthcare Industry. Requires a track record of driving new client sales.
- Understanding of network communication protocols (TCP/IP, FTP), network requirements (802.11, WPA/WPA2, PSK, EAP, LEAP, DHCP)
- Database administration experience with Microsoft software (Windows Server, SQL, .NET, Hyper-V, VMWare).
- Manage multiple priorities with effective verbal and written communication skills; preferably multi-lingual (French, & Spanish)
- Participate actively and effectively on project teams and collaborate with team members.
- Manage relationships with external and internal customers with ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Ability to handle and work under stressful situation. Action-oriented, results-oriented, ‘take charge’ attitude.
- Requires travel up to 50% including up to 10 nights per month.
- Direction is given verbally as well as through written procedures.
- Responsible for developing project plans and tracking progress.
- Manages project progress and milestones to meet deadlines
- This position has access to proprietary product information and marketing strategies.
- This position significantly contributes to revenue generation through successful influencing of customers