Cyber Security Judicial Intern Professional
$29,566.08 – $39,880.80 Annually
Minnesota Judicial Center – Duluth, MN or St. Paul, MN
State Court Administrator’s Office
12/16/2018 11:59 PM Central
- Position Goal: the Minnesota Judicial Branch (MJB) is pleased to announce three openings for a Cyber Security Judicial Intern Professional. This internship program is designed to give qualified interns meaningful hands on experience working in multiple areas of a Cyber Security Program with a seasoned cyber security team. This is a flexible internship program that offers interesting challenges, valuable experience, and an opportunity to experience working for state government. One Professional Intern will start in spring of 2019 and the other two will start in summer of 2019; start date to be determined with offer.
- Example of Duties
- EXAMPLES OF RESPONSIBILITIES DEPENDING ON POSITION – Interns will be assigned to one or more of the following:
- Work with security operations to pursue complex problems relating to cyber security; such as a virus outbreak, ransomware, or risk review.
- Learn, understand and apply security policies, standards and processes to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of MJB information systems, networks and data.
- Participate in active situations to gain substantial experience in a specialized domain within information security, such as identity and access management, responding to cyber security incidents, engineering cyber security systems, cyber security risk management and third party risk management.
- Provide research and analysis of information security data, vulnerabilities, non-compliance and respond to inquiries from customers, management, and/or other business partners.
- Under direct supervision, assists with on-going efforts/daily tasks on the Vulnerability Management team.
- Manage repositories, scan zone, asset groups
- Maintain dashboards
- Update SharePoint vulnerability management dashboard
- Produce and review vulnerability reports
- Assist users with scan configurations
- Answer ITD Service Desk tickets regarding the Vulnerability Management Program
- Assist with the implementation, configuration and deployment of a variety cyber security processes and tools.
- Review and analyze assigned existing and future systems; review security architectures and recommend engineering solutions that integrate information security requirements to proactively protect information.
- Perform audit and security compliance checks as assigned, including network penetration testing, vulnerability scans, and other configuration analysis.
- Recommend threat models and security risk assessments, and recommend mitigations and countermeasures to address risks, vulnerabilities and threats.
- Review and validate security documentation, including the system security requirements and configurations for cyber security tools.
- Typical Qualifications
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to deal with complex concepts and tasks.
- Research skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a wide range of technical and business partners regarding complex network and technology and to translate that into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand a host of cyber security tools and processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on customer service, ability to handle conflict, and teamwork.
- Strong ability to change directions quickly and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Ability to plan, organize, and performs work within deadlines.
- Ability to absorb new concepts and adapt quickly to change.
- Current college student working towards a degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science or a recipient of CyberCorps Scholarship for Service grant.
- Understanding of cyber security / information security policy and guidance including Criminal Justice Information Services (CIJS), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Letter of recommendation attached to application.
- Strong knowledge of information security fundamentals and current security threats, techniques, and landscape including risk management.
- Working knowledge of cyber security tools such as; Splunk, Tenable, Cisco Umbrella.
- Ability to script and run processes for cyber security tools.
- Supplemental Information
- SALARY: $14.16 – $19.10/hour.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 16, 2018; 11:59pm
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.mncourts.gov. If you have any questions, call 651-205-4439.Minnesota Judicial Branch
Human Resources, Rm. G27
25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
St. Paul, MN 55155It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment be made without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Minnesota Judicial Branch
25 Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
St Paul, Minnesota, 55155