Corporate IT Service Lead (18863)
Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and other technologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it’s doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don’t damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
Tennant Company is currently seeking a Corporate IT Service Lead at our global headquarters in Golden Valley, MN
- Leads all aspects related to the Service Desk Function including:
- Managing Vendors relations and performance as it related to purchased services
- Providing communication and managing expectations for all users
- Create the structure and processes required to build and operate a high performing support operations team
- Lead all activities related to the day to day support of our global user base
- Managing and handling of escalations related to unresolved issues or the late delivery of service or equipment
- Responsible for building and managing relationships at various levels of the company to obtain feedback and manage expectations
- Must be able to establish and maintain Vendor relationships and performance that enable Tennant to deliver a better service to our end users
- Must provide on-going communications regarding the overall health and performance of our service desk function
- Responsibility to create and monitor on-going operational metrics that provide a true indication of our service levels and what the end user is experiencing
- Must have the ability to design and sustain support processes and structure to enable an effective global support model
- Responsible for on-going continuous improvement of the processes and functions under their responsibility
- Must be able to provide necessary coaching to build a high performing team and ensure a consistent service
- Provide general communications regarding up-coming changes, deployments, and education on the solutions that we have deployed
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent amount of relevant experience in IT / IS related fields
- Background in managing Service Desk functions or Customer Service related areas
- Good working knowledge of general business software applications and hardware
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- Must have great customer service skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally, while maintaining a client service orientation.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to concentrate on tasks, make decisions and work calmly and effectively in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment.
- Willingness to be flexible with time and adjust to a changing work environment.
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information.
- Consistent attendance either onsite or remotely as needed by the business.
- Ability to take direction and accept supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work, be detail-oriented, understand when urgency is required and use good judgment in varied situations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.