Date: Jul 21, 2017
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US, 55402
At Hallmark Business Connections, we’re a small, innovative, tight-knit team and we strive to cultivate a culture where excellence is recognized and celebrated, health and wellness are a priority, and fun comes with the territory. You may be just the right person to help us make the business world a better place. And there’s only one way to find out- apply now!
Hallmark Business Connections (“HBC”) builds products and software that engage and improve the workplace, with a personal touch. As we continue to grow, we are looking for talented individuals to be part of a high-performing development team with the opportunity to contribute to our fast-paced, agile software development culture with an added focus on quality and high customer value.
At HBC believe in using best-in-class tools and technology available including, but not limited to C#.NET, MVC, Angular, Razor, SQL and pragmatic best practices. We pair this with continuous learning opportunities, and a culture that supports a strong work-life balance to create an environment that supports many different work styles.
If you have these skills or experience with similar technologies and a thirst for learning, bring it on. We’ve even rehabilitated a number of Java folks…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in conjunction with Business Leads, UX and Creative as a contributing member of our Software as a Service (SaaS) product team. The goal of this team is to design and deliver technology features or enhancements based upon organizational direction or need.
- Responsible for post-launch and tier 3 application support.
- Assist in system integration efforts.
- Partner with appropriate cross-functional team member(s) throughout the development process.
- Serve as a technical mentor to other developers.
- Responsible for ensuring development assignments are completed on-time and in line with Hallmark Business Connections application standards.
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback on industry best practices and code standards.
- Drive thorough unit and end-to-end testing for all development assignments.
- Collaborate with other developers to ensure seamless flow between various applications within the system.
- Act as primary support contact during application certification.
- Participate in project planning by providing detailed task lists and estimates to Technical Lead or Project Manager.
- Escalate issues with the functional design to Technical Lead for remediation.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
- Seven (7)+ years of experience with an object oriented programming technology stack (C#.NET, Java, Ruby, etc.).
- Experience with a front-end single page application framework (e.g., Angular 1 or 2, React, Backbone, Ember, etc.).
- Experience in software architecture, analysis and design.
- RESTful API design and implementation experience.
- Desire to develop and deliver high-quality, highly interactive, quality user interfaces and user experiences.
Hallmark Business Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Principals only please.