Minnesota Power, an ALLETE company, is offering a network administrator summer internship in our Communications Infrastructure Department. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and enhance their understanding of both the corporation and the utility industry as a whole.
- Intern will work under the direction of communications infrastructure department to provide technical support of network, telecom, and security infrastructure elements including network switches, routers, firewalls, voice and video systems, and other network security and management systems.
- Monitoring, maintenance and problem resolution of network infrastructure systems.
- Initiating and completing projects and assisting with Project Management.
- Configuration, testing, and documentation of network devices and applications.
- Requires supporting end-users, network applications, and project management.
- Current enrollment in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related Bachelor or Masters degree program is required.
- Must have completed sophomore year by June of 2017.
- Requires a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle several assignments simultaneously and ability to work in a team environment.
- Driver’s licence preferred.
- Based out of Duluth, MN, with routine travel to company locations.
- Full-time during summer months with flexibility for part time during school year. This is a paid internship.
ALLETE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, contact our HR department at 218-723-7553.