IT Analyst/Programmer (Mobile Optimized) Job
Location: Rochester, MN, US
A Life-Changing Career
Position Summary: The Product Management Unit within the Mayo Clinic External Patient and Provider Services (EPPS) Section is seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to join its Patient Online Services team as an IT Analyst Programmer. EPPS supports the Center for Connected Care, a vital Mayo Clinic practice strategy aimed at improving access, service, and affordability of health care by using technology to extend Mayo Clinic knowledge and expertise to patients, consumers, and providers.
The position will develop, support and maintain a growing list of mobile optimized web applications. The successful candidate will have proven mobile optimization skills, a background in web development on the Microsoft .Net platform and a passion for delivering high quality applications.
Responsibilities: Additionally, you’ll be responsible for:
- Contributes to the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of custom system software, and/or the installation and maintenance of purchased systems software, as well as the configuration and support of hardware systems across Mayo Clinic
- Provides IT support for vended and custom applications, including resolving highly complex issues, and assists with data security, redundancy, and support in collaboration with more senior technical staff
- Conducts root-cause analysis by researching hardware environment and software application and system problems, works with colleagues and customers to resolve issues, documents resolution, and communicates resolution with customer
- Regularly reviews applications and makes modifications and/or updates of a single system application or basic software and their associated hardware at multiple Mayo Clinic sites to ensure currency and functionality within the established environment
- Produces and maintains documentation such as systems requirements, designs, resource inventories and plans as requested
- Interfaces routinely with colleagues who may be located at any of the Mayo Group practices to perform job responsibilities requiring virtual collaboration and partnership
- Will participate in 24/7 on-call support rotation
We will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position. (002714-48131)
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and training/experience in technical development;
Associate’s degree and 5 years’ professional experience in technical development.
Experience developing mobile optimized web applications. Experience with mobile optimized technologies / frameworks (Angular 2, Bootstrap, UIkit, etc.).
Additional Qualifications: Experience with Microsoft .Net MVC web development (C#). A strong background in object oriented design/development, design patterns, development frameworks and methodologies.
Experience with the following technologies and concepts is preferred: HTML5, AngularJS, JQuery, C# .NET, MS-SQL Server, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, application life cycle management, design patterns, frameworks and REST web services.
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Exemption Status: Exempt
Compensation Detail: Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $3,065, based on a full-time position.
Hours/Pay Period: Full-time
Schedule Details: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, including an on-call rotation.
Weekend Schedule: As Needed
Recruiter: Devon Post
Why Mayo Clinic? Mayo Clinic provides the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of the patient first. We are the largest integrated, not-for-profit medical group practice in the world with approximately 60,000 employees working in a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care, groundbreaking research and innovative medical education. We offer a highly competitive compensation package, which includes exceptional benefits, and have been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the top 100 “Best Companies to Work For”.
Site Description: Every year, more than 1 million patients from all 50 states and nearly 150 countries choose Mayo Clinic for their medical care. Mayo Clinic has a legacy of inspiring hope and contributing to health and well-being by providing the best care to every patient through integrated clinical practice, education and research.
Mayo Clinic has campuses in Rochester, MN; Scottsdale and Phoenix, AZ; Jacksonville, FL; and throughout the multistate network of Mayo Clinic Health System. Each campus is an integral part of its community and reflects Mayo Clinic’s deeply held values.
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Job Posting Category: Information Technology
Job Posting Number: 77174BR
Date: Jan 20, 2017
Nearest Major Market: Rochester MN
Job Segment: Medical, Developer, Patient Care, Programmer, Java, Healthcare, Technology