Mill IT Specialist
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- The Mill IT Specialist delivers IT solutions to business requirements that drive the quality and optimize the cost of producing Verso products (paper). The position works with diverse groups to understand the nature of a proposed system or system modification, how it relates to similar systems and processes at other mills and creates functional and technical specifications resulting in information technology solutions.
Key customers include Operations, Product Performance, Finance and Leadership from across the mill.
- Analyze complex business requirements and translate them into IT solutions (both commercial and internally developed).
- Work independently while applying knowledge of multiple technologies and structured design methodologies toward effective business solutions.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously in coordination with business area project managers.
- Interact with technical and business members as a subject matter expert in the understanding and use of the tools and data provided to implement solutions in the manufacturing environment.
- Manage the application lifecycle of IT solutions and processes with a focus on simplicity, reliability, performance and commonality. Communicate best practices to other IT team members so the group as a whole is more effective in interacting with the business and information technology.
- Support IT solution availability, reliability, and performance in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Required Skills
- Technical understanding of software development tools, testing methodologies, application and database performance, web services technology.
- Strong Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office skills.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and an eagerness to learn new applications and technologies.
- Solid teamwork, organizational, and communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of people from across the mill and Verso to build constructive networks/relationships and develop solutions to manufacturing business needs.
- Versatile problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements into attainable IT solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple time sensitive, complex projects and issues.
- Required Experience
- 3-5+ years of development experience with MS SQL Server and Business Intelligence technologies (Cognos or comparable reporting package, SRSS). HTML, CSS, XML, VB/VB.NET/MS Excel VBA, Visual Studio 2008+, ASP.NET, or C#/C++ experience preferred but not required.
- Education: AS/BS/BA in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 3+ years of Information Technology experience preferred but not required.
- Experience in a manufacturing or other 24×7 environment preferred.
- Job Location
- Luke, Maryland, United States
- Position Type