Student Programs Internship: IT Intern (Maplewood, MN)* Job
Date: Aug 30, 2016
Location: Maplewood, Mn, US
3M is seeking an IT Intern located in Maplewood, MN for summer 2017. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
At 3M, inspiration happens daily. Here, science is how the magic happens. Except it’s not magic. It’s the right science applied the right way by the people of 3M. We are a leading global company, employing the best and brightest minds in the world to solve the toughest problems for our customers.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-12 week assignment. This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. 3M provides eligible interns with temporary housing and round-trip travel reimbursement in accordance with current policy.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. It is in a candidate’s best interest to apply early. Most hiring decisions will be made by December 2016.
Business Transformation & Information Technology at 3M:
In BT & IT at 3M, you’ll find an opportunity to build skills, work on a team with talented professionals, and increase your leadership potential. Interns in Business Transformation & Information Technology address relevant business concerns through both individual and team-oriented projects. IT Analyst intern assignments can occur in any of the functional areas within our organization; interns will work on projects that represent real challenges faced by 3M and mirror the work of our full-time team members.
IT Intern assignment areas include, but are not limited to:
– Organizational Chance Management (OCM): Focused on making sure that employees around the world have the knowledge and tools needed to embrace change and leverage the benefits of business transformation. Positions are available in Global Communications Management, Global Operations Support Change Management and Global Operations Support Documentation & Training.
– Infrastructure: Encompasses the areas of IT that select, implement and support the hardware, system software, data, workstation and communications platforms needed to provide access to information technology resources worldwide. Positions are available in PC Technology, Mobile, Collaboration, Middleware Services, Security Technology Services, and Server and Cloud Services.
– Applications: Responsible for providing IT business solutions for vital corporate processes across all business units and corporate functions and delivers technology-enabled solutions that help business units achieve their goals. This group also delivers corporate solutions for HR, Finance, Legal and R&D as well as our SAP application support services. Positions are available in Master Data Management, Data Deployment and Migration, Data Warehousing, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Salesforce.com, Logistics Execution, 3m.com, and Lean/Agile.
– IT Quality: Responsible for executing and managing testing processes and tools. The position may also include development of automated performance or regression scripts to assist in the testing of our strategic applications such as eBusiness and SAP. Positions are available in Quality Test Validation and Security, and SAP Content Management.
– Reporting & Analytics: Drives a globally governed and coordinated business model for business intelligence to enable a single source of truth. The team works with the global process teams to build and deploy standardized global reporting solutions as part of the Polaris project. Positions are available in Business Intelligence.
– Information Security, Risk and Compliance (ISRC): Committed to providing 3M businesses, customers, suppliers and shareholders high business value and assurance that 3M information assets are being protected. It is our objective to safeguard our ideas, technologies, processes, plans and other company information that is essential for managing our business, for maintaining competitive advantage, and complying with certain legal requirements. Positions are available in SAP and Identity Access Management, Endpoint Security, Risk & Compliance, and Digital Forensics.
– Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
– Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
– Previous internship experience
– Previous experience working in Information Technology
– Excellent communication skills
Location: Maplewood, MN
Relocation: Is authorized
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales and 90,000 employees who connect with customers all around the world, we are deeply committed to finding creative solutions to the world’s problems. Learn more about 3M at http://www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom. For information about a career at 3M, go directly to http://www.3M.com/careers.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain “non-U.S. persons” (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, “Temporary Residents” (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees’ U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company’s sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.