($24.05 – $27.52)
The Western Lake Superior Sanitary District (WLSSD), a nationally recognized leader in environmental protection and pollution prevention, seeks qualified full-time Computer Technician to operate, maintain and support the computers and equipment of WLSSD’s Information and SCADA System.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, electrical engineering, or a closely related field, and three years of progressively responsible work experience in computer systems or; graduation from an accredited two-year program in computer systems, instrumentation and control or a closely related field offered by a technical, vocational or community college and five years of progressively responsible work experience, or; seven years of documented, full-time, hardware/software support work experience in an industrial processing setting.
- programming industrial control equipment
- installing upgrades, troubleshooting, and maintaining communications with workgroup personnel regarding all issues pertaining to the use of applications and equipment
- develop and provide training
- assist staff with development and utilization of software and equipment to further the District’s goals and requirements
- meet to define business and operation requirements and application goals in order to identify and resolve system issues
- coordinate and collaborate in testing of updates and system changes
- perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure adequate solutions
- participate in the advancement, implementation, coordination and maintenance of document information while adhering to standard operating procedures
- aid users in developing, collecting, analyzing and summarizing data from different sources and report distribution
Knowledge of Windows servers, Windows PCs, General Electric Cimplicity SCADA software or other SCADA software PLC, Ladder logic programming, PLC troubleshooting, networking, Historical Data Archiving Solutions.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications. Those who meet the minimum qualifications will be given written and practical examinations to screen for general mechanical knowledge. Final selection will include a panel interview.
Please complete an application found at www.wlssd.com and return to WLSSD, Attn: Human Resources, 2626 Courtland Street, Duluth, MN 55806, by 4:30 p.m. Friday, March 18, 2016. Applicants who claim Veteran’s Preference must provide a DD214 at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minority Applicants Encouraged to Apply