Computer Science Teaching Fellow
We are seeking a Teaching Fellow to join our Computer Science department, a pre-K-12 program that combines hands-on design and making with traditional computer science through our DREAM Lab® program. The Teaching Fellow program is an opportunity for brand-new teachers to apply subject-matter knowledge directly in the classroom with the support and supervision of our expert faculty. We will provide mentoring and professional development to help build their teaching expertise.
We are looking for a creative and innovative teacher who can help our program thrive and grow. The Teaching Fellow will teach courses in Middle and Upper School and will contribute to the life of the school through advising, clubs and chaperoning. The successful candidate will have a Computer Science, Engineering or related STEM degree or commensurate industry experience. He or she will be proficient in at least one programming language and be comfortable developing and working in the hands-on aspects of the program, including 3D printing, laser cutting and soft circuit work.
- Teach Upper School Computer Science courses
- Manage the Upper School DREAM Lab and collaborate on projects with US teachers and students
- Facilitate US Computing-related extracurricular activities such as robotics and coding clubs
- Teach at least one section of Middle School DREAM Lab
- Work with CS department members on developing curriculum
- Proficiency in Python, Java, or other programming language
- Experience with Makerspaces and/or robotics a plus
- Electronics and/or materials engineering experience a plus
- Experience in software programs for design such as Adobe Creative Suite and CAD programs
Send resume and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or
The Baldwin School
Attn: Human Resources
701 Montgomery Ave.
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010