Job ID:: 36824
Department:: IS&T Regional Technology C
City:: Duluth, MN
Location:: HP – Duluth Regional Technical Center
Position Type:: Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule:: Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Hrs/Pay Period:: 80
Join our growing organization on an exciting mission to improve health and well-being for our members, patients and community! At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and partnership every day. It’s part of why we’re the No. 1 large company on the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list in 2014. Do you want to use your skills and passions for good• Picture yourself at HealthPartners and imagine the future successes we could achieve together!
We are currently seeking an IS&T Programmer Analyst to work at the Duluth Regional Technology Center. This person is a member of the out state HealthPartners Regional Technology Center development and support group located in Duluth, Minnesota. The person in this position develops, maintains, and supports decision support services which are enabled by the HealthPartners’ Data Warehouse. This position provides remote support and services development to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Data Warehouse. A IS&T Programmer Analyst is expected to perform a multitude of IS&T Decision Support Functions including: Monitoring and maintaining Data Warehouse operational processes; Communicating and partnering with Business Owners regarding the status and effectiveness of the available data and services; Analyzing and resolving incidents; and Developing, creating and documenting IS&T services in alignment with business requirements. The IS&T Programmer Analyst also functions in a consulting role to the Business users educating and assisting them on proper use of Data Warehouse assets.
The Regional Technology Center is a group within HealthPartners’ IS&T that focuses on staff development; improving the knowledge, skills, and abilities within the group. Staff is expected to be able to grow within their role and increase their accountabilities. The person in this position is expected to become interchangeable amongst operational, development, consultative, and support responsibilities within the team.
Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
* Provides Data Warehouse support to optimize Data Warehouse operational efficiencies and services.
* Develops and analyzes IS&T services to meet business needs using Oracle’s PL/SQL, IBM’s DataStage, SAP’s Business Objects and other related technologies.
* Analyzes and timely resolves coding or scheduling incidents
* Addresses business change requests to Decision Support Services from HealthPartners staff and Management.
* Partners with IS&T Application development and support to ensure secure, effective, and efficient data exchanges and file transfers.
* Creates and maintains technical documentation for coding, schedule, and process changes.
* Designs and analyzes functional and technical specifications during system development.
* Develops and implements test plans; ensuring the appropriate tests for coding changes are performed and documentation is retained.
* Partners with Operations Schedule Management Staff to ensure job schedule documentation is complete and control integration of multiple data processing functions appropriately
* Monitors daily operations to ensure the integrity and stability of data and Decision Support Services.
* Participates in the Change Management function; coordinating change, presenting changes to the Change Advisory Board, and following change management controls and processes.
* Communicates with Business Partners; providing service status, issue resolution, and recommendations for improvements to their services and the processes that support those services.
* Familiarity with Data Warehouse Services and infrastructure
* Experience utilizing Desktop Tools (e.g. Microsoft office tools)
* Quality Assurance knowledge; types of testing, issue management, etc.
* Available for 24X7 support, including weekends
* Strong communication skills, oral and written at varying levels of technical expertise
* Strong analysis and problem solving abilities
* Ability to accept growing accountabilities, makes sound independent decisions, and provides reasonable explanations for decisions.
* Overall knowledge of IT infrastructure and architecture
* Knowledge to experience with DataStage coding, SQL Coding and/or Oracle packages and stored procedures.
* .NET experience
* Bachelor’s degree or related experience
* 2+ years’ experience within Information Technology
* Health Care or Insurance experience a plus
* Data Warehouse and/or SQL experience a plus
HealthPartners is nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care and we offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to http://www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for job ID 36824.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Nearest Major Market: Duluth MN
Nearest Secondary Market: Superior WI
Job Segment: Developer, Programmer, Oracle, Database, Consulting, Technology