Provide technology troubleshooting, network support, and training on the Y’s technology infrastructure.
1. Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to technology, including computers, printers, copies, phones, and fitness technology.
2. Monitor network status and provide maintenance and updates.
3. Assist with long range technology planning and budgeting.
4. Provide group and one-on-one training to staff.
5. Work with service providers and consultants from the community.
We are very open to using your creative ideas and knowledge to enhance your experience during your internship. This position has flexibility for creativity and new ideas.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Pursuing AAS/BS/BA in Computer Sciences, IT, or other related field.
2. Experience with basic troubleshooting of Windows-based systems.
3. Able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
4. Knowledge Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange preferred.
1. Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and experience with WordPress preferred
Interns do receive a YMCA membership during their internship. They also will receive a great experience working in the non-profit sector with one of the largest non-profit organizations in the nation. We will work with you and your school to assist you in receiving college credit. It is the responsibility of the student to determine if academic credit is available through his/her degree program.