Senior Enrollment Eligibility Representative
Location: Duluth, MN – 598139
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Positions in this function are responsible for preparing, processing, and maintaining new member or group enrollments.
- Load new member or group data into the enrollment system & update the system with changes via an electronic file
- Maintain book of business of customers as the main eligibility contact
- Answer questions and resolve issues with the Human Resources and IT contacts from book of business
- Implement new customers to electronic process
- Work closely with other internal departments such as billing and claims
- Work with various types of member correspondence
- Reconcile eligibility discrepancies, analyzing transactional data & submitting retroactive eligibility changes
- Inventory control of member and group transactions
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Work independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May handle Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy, FSA, or HRA products
- An education level of at least a High School Diploma or GED is required
- Working Hours M-F 8a-4:30p, flex start up to 9a after training.
- Familiarity with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications required
- Ability to multi-task, this includes ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- College degree (BA; BS) preferred
- Experience with data analysis is preferred
- Basic MS Excel, Visual Basic, MS Access, and/or SQL knowledge a plus
- Ability to navigate a computer while on the phone required
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Applicants should apply at http://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com/ and search by 598139.