Organization: Minnesota Power
ALLETE is the parent company of Minnesota Power, SWL&P, BNI Coal, ALLETE Properties and ALLETE Clean Energy. We deliver affordable, reliable energy services in the upper Midwest. If you are pursuing an IT related bachelor’s degree with the skillset outlined below, ALLETE is interested in you. Watch a short intro to ALLETE!
Location: Duluth, Minnesota
Dates: Summer 2015 with potential for extension through 2015
- 40 hours per week during the summer break
- 15-20 hours per week during the school term
- Hours of work: Flexible between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. – compatible with your school schedule.
Job Title: Information Technology Intern
Job ID: 1949
We are looking for an energetic, intellectually curious individual to join our tIT department in the Electrical Distribution Support group. This position is an excellent opportunity to develop programmer/analyst skills, understand business processes, develop creative computer solutions, and learn trouble shooting skills. You will provide technical analysis, programming and support to meet business objectives for Electric Distribution or Enterprise Integration applications. You will assist with analyzing, creating, testing, implementing and continuously improving processes utilizing available technologies to ensure operational, regulatory and security standards are met, data interfaces are effective, and data integrity is not compromised.
To be completing your sophomore or junior year of a Bachelor’s Degree Program in an IT related degree at the end of the 2014-2015 school year. IT related degrees include: Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or another related field of study.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8
- Related work experience desired, but not required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, coupled with a strong desire to learn.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Familiarity with some of the following is helpful:
•Java, Python, C#
•Structured Query Language (SQL), PL/SQL
•Object Oriented Programming
•Unix/Linux, Microsoft Windows 7
Pay: $17 per hour
More Information: Click here for more information
Apply: Click here to apply