Date: Sep 24, 2014
Location: Eagan, MN, US
Join our innovative team of technologists and collaborate with passionate engineers to solve technical problems that directly impact our business. Bring your enthusiasm and attention to detail and we will provide exposure to a variety of technologies through our one or two year multi-track program within our world-class data center. Gain hands-on experience with cutting-edge network, database, platform, storage, cloud, storage and security technologies that you won’t experienced in a classroom setting! We are looking for individuals to join our internship program for the summer of 2015.
– Partner with experienced engineers to successfully design and implement new technologies within the Thomson Reuters Data Center
– Participate in testing new technologies within a lab environment, document implementation plans and communicate results
– Collaborate with other teams to ensure technology solutions meet business needs
– Troubleshoot and resolve incidents within the defined Incident Management process
– Gain an understanding of technologies used within the Thomson Reuters Data Center
– Fully engage as an active member of the team providing input into technical and project decisions We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
– Currently pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline meeting program academic requirements
-Strong desire to learn new technologies
-Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills
-Strong written and verbal communication skills
-Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to both technical and non-technical users
-Strong organization skills and attention to detail
-Ability to prioritize work and communicate issues in a timely manner
-Ability to work a minimum of 10 hours/week during the school year and 40 hours/week during the summer
-Ability to commit to a 1 or 2 year program At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2015 fiscal year (October 1, 2014-September 30, 2015).
Job: Administration Family Group
Primary Location: Eagan, MN, US
Organization: Tech – Data Center Operations
Job Type: Internship
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segments: Operations Manager, Operations, Part Time, Seasonal, Information Systems, Retail, Technology