Date: Sep 13, 2014
Location: Richfield, MN, US
A 12 week paid internship for Computer Science, Engineering, Math and related majors at our corporate headquarters in Richfield, MN. An internship will consist of approximately:
– 75% performing tasks that are fundamental to the role
– 25% opportunity for intern training, networking activities and special projects or other work as directed by supervisor
Our Web Engineering/Operations Analyst interns will rotate between our eCommerce Web Engineering and Web Operations teams and will be assigned projects similar to what our full-time Web Engineering and Web Operations employees work on every day. The intern would be given a lot of exposure and variety within their internship experience. The following is a snapshot of the general responsibilities:
The Web Engineering/Operations Analyst is responsible for application development and maintenance for delivering business value on our websites. Follows the software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing, deployment and support of applications in production. Responsible for performing assigned tasks in support of operating highly scalable web applications and services. Coordinates activities related to global web operations. Maintains and monitors systems associated with technology area. Generates reports and performs analysis of large data sets.
– Junior year status-graduating in winter of 2015 or spring of 2016
– Minimum 3.0 GPA
– Experience with web based software applications in a Java/Unix/Linux environment
– Knowledge of service oriented architecture and classroom experience in one of the following languages Java, Groovy, or Ruby.
– Knowledgeable of one or more of the following specifications HTML, CSS, JSON, XML, SQL, and REST Web Services.
– Critical and Strategic thinking
– Analytical Thinking
– Strong Communication skills
– Team player
– Drive for Results
– Ability to work in a fast pace / ever changing environment, drive results, possess strong analytical, reasoning and communication skills, and interested in retail.
– Some experience in one of the following: Front end development (HTML/CSS/JS), back end development (Ruby, Java, Python, Perl), server administration (Linux, IIS, Tomcat, Apache, JBOSS, Cassandra), software development lifecycle, monitoring tools (Tealeaf, Gomez, Keynote, Splunk, Dynatrace, SiteScope, Nagios)
Job: Information Systems
Primary Location: United States-MN-Richfield
Organization: Best Buy US Corporate
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2014, 4:30:12 PM