Careers that nourish lives.
Our people have an opportunity to nourish lives around the globe every day. One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.8 billion during fiscal 2013.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company that makes a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance the industry through innovation and nourish the world.
An information technology career at General Mills will put you on the cutting edge of opportunity. You’ll work with state-of-the-art technology, well-known brands, and a solid team of professionals in an open, collaborative environment. We welcome new ideas and innovations, and encourage your growth and development throughout our IT organization.
General Mills’ Global Business Solutions Division offers a fun, collaborative and dynamic workplace. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with business partners and work with state-of-the-art technology to design innovative solutions to drive real business value. You will participate in our unique rotational program where we will provide three different opportunities within your first five years for you to work with different technologies in a variety of environments.
An internship at General Mills is your chance to be part of a fun and collaborative team. You will leverage state-of-the art technology as you deliver real business value. Our projects are designed for immediate impact and provide you unique preparation for your future. As part of your internship, you will interact with senior leaders as you gain an understanding of how we strategically use technology to drive our business forward. In addition to working with other application analyst interns, you will also get a chance to create connections and friendships with interns from many different functions across General Mills.
- Troubleshooting applications to identify performance, data integrity, communication and functionality problems and ensure programs are corrected accordingly.
- Learn Project Management skills by leading cross-functional teams in the development and execution of business plan strategies.
- Evaluate business problems and revised operational processes to identify potential enhancements for assigned systems using technical expertise.
- Work in a variety of environments such as Web, Desktop, Unix, Database, SAP, Microsoft and more
Deep in your business understanding by working with our Finance, Sales, Marketing, Demand Chain and Supply Chain functions.
A STRONG CANDIDATE FOR AN OPPORTUNITY AS AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY APPLICATION ANALYST WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- 3.0+ GPA
- Computer-related work experience or internship
– Object-oriented programming experience or coursework and/or Database experience or coursework
- Technical Majors (Preferred degrees: BA/BS in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Computer or Software Engineering)
- Process techniques or tools of project management with technical terminology
- Demonstrated leadership (on or off campus)
- Strategic and analytic thinking
- Ability to work collaboratively supported by strong written and verbal communication skills