Information Technology Internships (Available Summer 2015)
From home to stores, restaurants and more, our products are everywhere you eat. The Schwan Food Company is a multibillion-dollar private company with approximately 15,000 subsidiary employees in the United States. Based out of Minnesota, we sell fine, branded frozen food through home delivery, the foodservice industry and grocery stores in North America. The Schwan Food Company and its subsidiaries are among the leading branded frozen-food companies in the world with market-leading brands like Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Freschetta®, Pagoda Express®, Edwards®, Mrs. Smith’s® and our signature brand – Schwan’s®.
Schwan Information Services consists of more than 185 IT professionals who provide business solutions to all Schwan subsidiaries and divisions. Through the progressive use of technology, IT professionals develop and integrate systems which support our business operations such as manufacturing, distribution, inventory, finance and sales. Schwan Information Services has a fast-paced, challenging, innovative, team oriented, casual and friendly work environment in Marshall, MN. These internship opportunities will be full-time during the summer.
Available Specialty Areas: Software Quality Assurance – Testing, Security Engineer/Analyst, & Custom Application Development
The intern will perform a variety of tasks and responsibilities that may include but are not limited to the following:
• Assists with various routine and special projects within area of responsibility
• Prepares reports, compiles and analyzes data, etc. to support business initiatives
• Maintains various databases or automated systems to support department projects
• Demonstrates a basic understanding of System Development Life Cycle processes
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of object orientated programming concepts
• Supports and maintains existing software by troubleshooting processes and demonstrates ability to identify and resolve problems on a 24-hour emergency basis
• Assists in various routine and special projects within area of responsibility
Education: current enrollment in college degree program in the areas of Computer Science, MIS, CIS or similar field with an anticipated graduation date of December 2015 or May 2016. GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 0-2 years
• Strong analytical ability & inquisitiveness
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with SAP, SharePoint and SQL Query ability preferred
• Takes initiative while working on multiple projects required
• Ability to navigate through ambiguity