Organization: Duluth Area Family YMCA
Internship: Information Technology Specialist
Reports To: Human Resources and Information Technology Director
Hours: 10 hours per week, Flexible
The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Provide technology troubleshooting, network support, and training on the Y’s technology infrastructure.
1. Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to technology, including computers, printers, copies, phones, and fitness technology.
2. Monitor network status and provide maintenance and updates.
3. Assist with long range technology planning and budgeting.
4. Provide group and one-on-one training to staff.
5. Work with service providers and consultants from the community.
Opportunities: We are very open to using your creative ideas and knowledge to enhance your experience during
your internship. This position has flexibility for creativity and new ideas.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill
community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds
rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in
challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist
in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces
new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans
work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial
irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change,
and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and
how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses
best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Pursuing AAS/BS/BA in Computer Sciences, IT, or other related field.
2. Experience with basic troubleshooting of Windows-based systems.
3. Able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
4. Knowledge Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange preferred.
Interns do receive a YMCA membership during their internship. They also will receive a great experience working in
the non-profit sector with one of the largest non-profit organizations in the nation.
We will work with you and your school to assist you in receiving college credit. It is the responsibility of the student
to determine if academic credit is available through his/her degree program.
- o YMCA Internship Application (found at www.duluthymca.org)
- o Cover Letter
- o Resume
- o Two letters of recommendation
Volunteer & Internship Coordinator
Duluth Area Family YMCA
302 West First Street | Duluth, MN 55802
(P) 218 722 4745 ext 159 (F) 218 722 4746
(E) email@example.com http://www.duluthymca.org