Programmer Analyst I
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Programmer Analyst I
Close Date: 10/20/2013
This position, in ITS Applications, will be a member of the Business Support group primarily responsible for providing technical and functional expertise for the Oracle eBusiness Suite. The position will be located downtown working directly with various functional areas, including Accounting, Human Resources and Purchasing.
- With assistance, provides technical analysis, programming and support including: requirement analysis, object oriented program design, program development, modifications and enhancements, problem resolution and monitoring of computer systems to meet business objectives for Business Support applications, primarily, Oracle eBusiness Suite for Financial, Human Resources and Supply Chain functions.
- Analyzes, creates, re-engineers, implements and continuously improves processes utilizing available technologies to ensure operational, regulatory and security standards are met, data interfaces are effective, and data integrity is not compromised; keeps information confidential.
- Develop, execute and coordinate proper tests to assure system requirements and data integrity are met according to operational and regulatory standards.
- Provides training and support to internal staff in the productive use of computer systems.
- Work as part of a cross-functional support team.
- Maintains application related functional and technical knowledge and expertise by attending and seeking educational opportunities through formal training, networks and professional forums.
- Required Skills
- Required Education
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in any of the following: information technology, computer science, computer information systems, computer engineering or another related field of study.
- Must currently possess or be completing by May 2013.
- Required Experience
- Required Experience
- 0 – 3 years of experience working with information systems, programming and system analysis is required for this position.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to manage and prioritize competing tasks
- Able to work independently in a productive, fast-paced work environment.
- Applicants must be flexible and able to handle multiple changing work projects and priorities.
- Knowledge of application development featuring relational database concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Provide occasional after-hours support.
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess development experience using at least some of the following:
- XML/XSLT, XML Publisher
- Oracle JDeveloper
- OAF (Oracle Application Framework) concepts
- Data Warehousing
- Oracle SQL Developer or equivalent
- Microsoft Access
- Working knowledge of:
- Standard MS Office Applications
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts
This position has been posted both internally and externally. To apply, external candidates must visitwww.allete.com.careers. Internal candidates must apply through the intranet homepage, and must notify their current supervisor of the intent to apply.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
- Job Location
- Duluth, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type