Information Technology Intern
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Information Technology Intern (2 Positions)
Department: ITS Applications
Close Date: 10/13/2013
Minnesota Power, an ALLETE Company, is looking for an intern to assist in their Information Technology Solutions Department. The position would support Business/Marketing Applications areas in a variety of programming projects. These positions are an excellent opportunity to develop programmer/analyst skills, understand business processes, and develop creative computer application solutions.
- Under supervision, provide technical analysis, programming, and support to users to include design, development, modification, problem resolution, documentation, and planning to meet business objectives.
- Design and implement relational database structures, applications, interfaces, and reports to achieve business requirements
- Required Skills
- Applicant should be nearing completion of sophomore year of Bachelor’s Degree Program.
- Major in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Information Systems.
- Minimum GPA: 2.8
- Related work experience desirable
Familiarity with several of the following:
•Web Page Development (HTML, ASP, JSP, Java Script)
•Structured Query Language (SQL), PL/SQL
•Object Oriented Programming
•Relational Database Modeling
•Unix Shell Scripting, cyber security, Unix/Linux, Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
•Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Required Experience
- internship Duration:
•Fall 2013 with possibility of continuing through Fall 2014
•15-20 hours per week during school term
•40 hours per week during summer break
•Hours of work: Flexible between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. – compatible with school schedule
•Computer skills, as listed above.
•Excellent oral and written communication skills
•Ability to work with a variety of people in changing situations
•Ability to work on multiple projects
Compensation: $16.00 hourly
Job Location: ALLETE Corporate Office Building, 30 W Superior Street, Duluth, MN
This position has been posted both internally and externally. External candidates must apply at http://www.allete.com (click on “Careers.”) Internal candidates must apply through the intranet homepage, and notify their current supervisor of the intent to apply.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
- Job Location
- Duluth, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type