Program Analyst II
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Programmer Analyst II
Close Date: 9/23/2013
This position in ITS Applications will be a member of the Business Support group primarily responsible for providing technical and functional expertise for the Oracle e-Business Suite. The position will be located in Duluth, MN working directly with various functional areas, including Accounting, Human Resources and Purchasing.
• Provides technical and functional analysis, technical development and support including: software design, development and enhancements, problem resolution and short-term planning to continuously improve business processes utilizing available technologies to ensure operational, regulatory and security standards are met.
• Analyze, design and recommend computer solutions to improve business processes
• Data interfaces are effective, and data integrity is not compromised; keeps information confidential.
• Develop, execute and coordinate proper tests to assure system requirements and data integrity are met according to operational and regulatory standards.
• Documentation, technical specifications and related policies and procedures are provided to assure efficient implementation and support of systems.
• Provides training and support to internal staff in the productive use of computer systems.
• Work as part of a cross-functional support team; provide project plans addressing resources, timelines and coordination of activities.
• Maintains application related functional and technical knowledge and expertise by attending and seeking educational opportunities through formal training, networks and professional forums.
• Responsible for handling all aspects of Oracle eBusiness Suite applications, an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software; including Financials, Human Resources and Supply Chain
• This position requires a bachelor’s degree in any of the following: information technology, computer science, computer information systems, computer engineering or related field.
• This position requires over 4 years of directly related job experience working with information systems, programming and system analysis, including third party software packages.
• Demonstrates leadership and team characteristics.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, anticipates problems and detail oriented.
• Strong organizational skills to manage and prioritize competing tasks
• Able to work independently with limited direction in a productive, fast-paced work environment.
• Applicants must be flexible and able to handle multiple changing work projects and priorities.
• Strong knowledge of application development featuring relational database concepts.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Provide after-hours support during key business processing cycles (such as Payroll, and Accounting close).
• Requires development experience in the following:
o PL/SQL, SQL and SQL*Plus
o Oracle SQL Developer, TOAD or equivalent
o Application Program Interface (API) concepts
o Oracle Forms and Reports or equivalent
• Development experience using at least some of the following:
o Oracle JDeveloper
o OAF (Oracle Application Framework)
o Web Applications (HTML, JSF, JSP, Java Script)
o Data Warehousing
o Oracle XML Publisher
• Working knowledge of:
o Linux/Unix, including Scripting
o Standard MS Office Applications
o Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts
• Functional and technical knowledge/experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
This position has been posted both internally and externally. To apply, external candidates must visit www.allete.com.careers. Internal candidates must apply through the intranet homepage, and must notify their current supervisor of the intent to apply.