Superior Yacht Services is a small marine service company serving boaters on Western Lake Superior. Our mission is to provide boaters a more enjoyable boating experience by providing a variety of services for their boats. Located in Superior, Wisconsin, we are ideally situated to serve boaters along the North and South shores of Lake Superior, from Silver Bay, MN to Bayfield, WI.
Overview of Position
This position will provide a student with valuable professional experience through building a professional looking and functional business website.
1. Research website development software, recommend the best solution for the company’s web marketing needs and budget.
2. Review company’s current website (superioryachtservices.com), brochures, service offerings and communicate with company owner regarding new website content.
3. Create company’s website using recommended software.
4. Use creativity and marketing skills/knowledge to design and offer suggestions for content and website features.
Desired Skills and Talents
1. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
2. Ability to work independently, as well as cooperatively with others.
3. Ability to think creatively, openly discuss ideas and suggestions, and accept and provide constructive criticism.
4. Skill and knowledge of website development tools.
5. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and professional demeanor.
6. Reliable and trustworthy, must keep company’s sensitive information confidential.
7. Interest or knowledge in boating or sailing would be helpful.
All qualified undergraduates will be considered.
●Experience researching and developing a company website.
●Working with company that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking.
●Flexible work hours to accommodate the students academic schedule.
●Flexible work location to accommodate for availability of transportation.
●The student may add any work produced during this project to their portfolio of published material.
The student will be supervised by the owner of Superior Yacht Services.
Job Description Compensation
This project is offered as a temporary position paid on a contract basis equal to $10 an hour for approximately 30-40 hours of work.
Interested students should submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can also be mailed to:
Superior Yacht Services
Attn: Paul Snider
222 11th Ave E
Superior, WI 54880