Intern- Network Administration
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Intern- Network Administration
Department: Communications Infrastructure
Close Date: 01/21/2013
Minnesota Power, an ALLETE company, is offering a network administrator summer internship in our Communications Infrastructure Department. . The selected candidate will have the opportunity to garner valuable professional experience and enhance their understanding of both the corporation and the utility industry as a whole.
- Intern will work under the direction of communications infrastructure department to provide technical support of network, telecom, and security infrastructure elements including network switches, routers, firewalls, voice and video systems, and other network security and management systems.
- Monitoring, maintenance and problem resolution of network infrastructure systems.
- Configuration, testing, and documentation of network devices and applications
Requires supporting end-users, network applications, and project management
- Required Skills
Current enrollment in an Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related bachelor or masters degree program is required.
- Must have completed sophomore year by June of 2013.
- Requires a minimum 3.0 GPA (current transcripts must be attached to this application)
Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle several assignments simultaneously and ability to work in a team environment.
- Required Experience
Internship to be based out of Duluth, MN, with routine travel to company locations.
Internship duration: May 2013 to September 2013 full-time with flexibility to student’s academic schedule (possibility for part time continuation during fall 2013).
This is a paid internship $16.00/hr
Posted internal and external.
Interested candidates may apply at www.allete.com. Click on Careers.
- Job Location
- Duluth, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type