|# of openings:||1|
|Appointment:||Full Time – Regular|
|FLSA Classification:||Hourly (Non-Exempt)|
|Wage Information:||Depending on Qualifications|
|Purpose of Position
The Media Services Technician provides assistance to academic and administrative users of multimedia resources in support of teaching and learning. This position also works closely with other campus departments on special events and productions. Supervises student staff in the operation and maintenance of audiovisual systems needed for academic presentations and special events. Areas of expertise include: classroom technology, public address systems, digital multimedia equipment and production. Must be available for frequent evening and weekend event support.
1. Excellent customer service, communication and supervisory skills
1. Supervise, train, schedule, and assign tasks to student employees in daily department activities and the setup and operation of multimedia equipment. Assist with production of media materials such as video and audio recordings, posters and signs.
2. Set up, operate and maintain audiovisual systems in classrooms and various campus locations as needed for academic presentations and special events such as Commencement and Reunion. Consult with college departments and student groups regarding sound and video needs for events. Coordinate rental of equipment. Recommend outside contractors when necessary.
3. Set up, operate and maintain media-equipped classrooms, meeting rooms and auditoriums. Recommend new installations and replacement of obsolete equipment. Maintain campus CATV system including TV equipment in Residence Halls.
4. Utilize computer-based programs for scheduling of equipment, personnel, inventory, maintenance and repair of equipment.
5. Repair and maintain college audiovisual equipment. Arrange for repair using outside vendors when necessary. Recommend new equipment and services for purchase. Maintain and purchase audiovisual supplies.
6. Supervise Media Services in the absence of the Media Services Director.
|The position will remain opened but only applicants received by 1/15/13 will be assured consideration. Applicants must be authorized to work in the US upon employment start date.
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.