Location:Silver Bay, MN
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. is an international mining and natural resources company. A member of the S&P 500 Index, the Company is a major global iron ore producer and a significant producer of high- and low-volatile metallurgical coal. Cliffs’ strategy is to continually achieve greater scale and diversification in the mining industry through a focus on serving the world’s largest and fastest growing steel markets. Driven by the core values of social, environmental and capital stewardship, Cliffs associates across the globe endeavor to provide all stakeholders operating and financial transparency.
Description: Function as a member of the IT Department in the maintenance, deployment, and troubleshooting of hardware and software. Participate as a team member in many local IT projects, as well as in our weekly enterprise IT meetings.
- Assist with Ethernet wiring and installation
- Assist with the migration of users to new workstations (PC refresh)
- Refine our system for tracking the current status of the PC refresh project
- Complete at least one major self-assigned or company-assigned project
- Keep track of project updates and progress
- Provide desktop support to plant and administrative employees
- Troubleshooting of computers, printers, scanners, networking equipment, and a variety of software
- Regularly check, clean, and maintain computers in plant facilities
- Participate in regular site IT meetings and conference calls with Corporate and site staff
Education Requirements: IT interns must be in pursuit of a degree from an accredited school or university in information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or similar field of study.
Experience Requirements: No previous experience required. Previous internship/co-op experience preferred.
- Driver’s license
- Able to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Be eager to learn new technology
- Be a highly motivated self-starter
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Provide world-class customer service
- Design and communicate strategies for process improvement that increase department efficiency
Posting closes 04/30/2013 or when a candidate is found.