SEO Intern Job
Date: Oct 2, 2012
Location: Eagan, MN, US
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business, the world’s leading provider of online legal information and Internet marketing solutions for law firms. Due to our continued growth, we currently have created an SEO Associate position within FindLaw’s Customer Operations organization.
We are looking for an SEO Associate who is energetic, organized, an excellent communicator and eager to learn in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will be responsible for website and client information tracking, performing online research, link building and reporting. This position will be for approximately 20 hours per week.
Experience in project management and Internet marketing is desirable, though not required. We will train you in our approach to search engine optimization (SEO), link building and search marketing. Must be enthusiastic and prepared to learn. You will learn about SEO, link building and online search marketing.
– Website and Client Information Tracking
– Perform online research
– Review websites for quality errors and review for final optimization
– Assist in keyword research and develop strategic knowledge
– Manage database of client information
– Identify new visibility/link building opportunities through independent research
– Enter, track and update the link building opportunities in a database
– Acquire links from relevant websites through partnerships and requests for inclusion
– Assist in reviewing Link building reports
– Add Google Analytics to site
– Verify FindLaw Portal links
– Pull SEO and review performance metrics on a monthly basis
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
– Junior or Senior in one of the following fields of study: Business, Marketing and Management, Communications or Library and Information Science
– GPA of 3.5 or higher
– Project management experience preferred
– Internet marketing or fundraising experience preferred
– Strong attention to detail
– Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
– Ability to work proactively and effectively within a fast-paced, complex, and dynamic environment
– Possess a passion for the Internet and social media
– Independent learner willing to perform research on Internet marketing disciplines and follow SEO trends
– Ability to take work direction
– Willingness to learn on the job
– High level of self-motivation and energy
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
PUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE IN MOTION
The dynamic diversity of our business offers you a unique combination of career advantages.
Careers without Boundaries
The scope and scale of our business enables you to take your career in an amazing array of directions, limited only by your own initiative, talents, and goals.
Work that Matters
Your work provides knowledge that empowers our customers to make decisions that are shaping our world.
Flexibility to Perform
You have the flexibility to structure your work in ways that meet our expectations for high performance, while allowing time to enjoy and enrich your life.
THE KNOWLEDGE EFFECT
We believe the right information in the right hands leads to amazing things. That’s the Knowledge Effect. The intelligent information we provide to professionals around the world drives critical decisions that put knowledge in motion. And it can take your career to some amazing places.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2012 fiscal year (October 1, 2011-September 30, 2012).
Primary Location: US-MN-Eagan
Other Locations: US-CA-Sunnyvale
Organization: L SLF&C FindLaw
Job Type: Internship
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segments: Database, Entry Level, Intellectual Property, Intern, Internet Research, Legal, Marketing, Part Time, Project Manager, Research, SEO, Technology