Title: Qualified Software Development Intern
City: Brookings or Sioux Fall, SD
Daktronics is recognized worldwide as a leader in the design, manufacture, sales, and services of large screen video display systems, electronic scoreboards, digital billboards and control systems.
This is a position for majors in the fields of Software Engineering, Computer Science or related degrees. At Daktronics, you will put your degree to the test using cutting edge technology to trouble shoot and test production code for high-end video processing used by real customers.
As a software development intern, you will write code to enhance existing Daktronics software components by adding features or tracking down and fixing bugs. You will actively engage in business transactions and experience the satisfaction of knowing that something that wasn’t working yesterday is working for our customer today because of your software solutions and problem solving skills. And sometimes, you will even see your work on national television!
Qualified interns are eligible to receive a housing stipend and tuition reimbursement for internship credit during the qualified internship period. As a Daktronics coop, you will get an opportunity to shadow an experienced Daktronics engineer and apply classroom knowledge in the following areas:
1. Develop, debug, and maintain software applications using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and 2008.
2. Develop and support software applications using the C# and C++ software development languages.
3. Perform code maintenance on existing software products.
4. Work within a development team to solve problems.
5. Write unit tests for existing code.
6. Work effectively as a team member.
7. Work with little supervision.
8. Communicate effectively with team members.
9. Help when and where needed and make suggestions for product improvement.
10. Complete quality work in a timely manner.
11. Assist in the development of software product requirements and design documentation.
12. Perform other duties as needed or assigned.Requirements
1. Full-time student or recent graduate pursuing a Bachelors degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related degree.
2. Required to take a semester off, duration will be a semester and a summer from January 2013 through August 2013.
3. Object oriented programming knowledge is required. Knowledge of C++, C#, or Java preferred, but other object oriented languages are acceptable.
4. Ability to work with a team to solve problems.
5. Ability to communicate well with others via written and verbal communication skills – fluent in English, both written and verbal.
6. Planning and organizational skills.
7. Dedication and desire for quality performance.
8. Acceptable GPA – 3.0 or greater preferred.
9. Background check will be conducted.
10. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
11. Ability to travel by air and ground. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.