IT Intern Job
- Apply now
- Date: May 1, 2012
Location: Fridley, MN, US
Category Information Technology
Business Corporate-US Headquarters
Division Medtronic Innovation
Relocation No relocation assistance
Job Type Intern
Travel Percentage 0%
Experience Required Less than 1 year
Education Required College – 2 years
Medtronic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Assist in providing technical solutions for a knowledge management, electronic library environment. Support the efforts of the Knowledge Center team, working in a variety of environments such as Linux, Apache, Mysql, PHP, and more. The goal of the effort is to advance business results through deliberate use of information and knowledge as a competitive advantage. Preference will be given to those with a combination of computer science training and library systems experience or exposure.
– Assist IT Technologists in developing code, testing and debugging enterprise-wide knowledge management and collaboration infrastructure.
– The team member will work closely with knowledge content editors to integrate a variety of content and media and to present a highly-tuned knowledge environment for internal scientists, engineers, and business decision makers.
– Provide database support for reporting and development of dynamic Web sites. Produce and update graphics for internal Web sites as it relates to development of online tools.
– Work on special projects or initiatives on an ad hoc or ongoing basis. Provide editorial, technical communication, or logistical support to enhance Knowledge Center department products including the Web sites, social networking communities, events, and other forums that are developed in collaboration with specific user group functions.
– Provide after hours support, as needed.
Enrolled in Bachelor’s of Computer Science. Completed Sophomore year by June 2012.
– Experience developing or implementing web sites using Drupal/PHP, SharePoint/ASP.NET or ColdFusion.
– High degree of computer literacy including extensive programming skills, C#/.NET, PHP, and jQuery. SQL, XML/RSS, and ColdFusion.
– Comfortable using SharePoint Designer, NotePad++, Eclipse and Visual Studio.
– Demonstrated ability to learn new programs, languages and systems
– Understanding of Web site standards and limitations
– Ability to work in highly dynamic environment
– Ability to prioritize tasks and work cooperatively within a team
– Highly developed written and verbal and online communication skills
– Web server administration (Apache/IIS)
– Linux, Solaris, Windows, and TCP/IP administration
– Experience with CSS style sheets
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. •While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segments: ColdFusion, Computer Science, Creative, Database, Developer, Drupal, Entry Level, Healthcare, Information Technology, Intern, Java, Linux, Marketing, Medical Device, Medical Technology, Sharepoint, Social Media, SQL, System Administrator, Technology, Web Design, XML