Job Location: Marshall, MN
Hours per week:40
Wage/Salary: $15.50 + relocation stipend
Employment start date: Summer
Schwan Information Services consists of more than 150 IT professionals who provide business solutions to all Schwan subsidiaries and divisions. Through the progressive use of technology, IT professionals develop and integrate systems which support our business operations such as manufacturing, distribution, inventory, finance and sales. Schwan Information Services has a fast-paced, challenging, innovative, team oriented, casual and friendly work environment in Marshall, MN. The Information Technology Intern is responsible for creating, installing, and maintaining business systems and completing corresponding documentation.
*** Please apply online at www.schwancampus.com. ***
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with various routine and special projects within area of responsibility
- Prepares reports, compiles and analyzes data, etc. to support business initiatives
- Maintains various databases or automated systems to support department projects
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of System Development Life Cycle processes
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of object orientated programming concepts
- Supports and maintains existing software by troubleshooting processes and demonstrates ability to identify and resolve problems on a 24-hour emergency basis
- Depending upon area of responsibility, may also be involved in Software Quality Assurance and Testing and Information Security related projects and tasks.
Education: current enrollment in college degree program in the areas of Computer Science, MIS, CIS or similar field. GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 0 -2 years related experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Strong analytical ability, solid interpersonal and communication skills. SAP, SharePoint and SQL Query ability preferred.
Database Management, Information Management, Programming/Software Development
Position type: Internship
Classification: Junior, Senior
Post Date: 4/19/2012 End Date: 5/18/2012