Data Networking Internship
Employment Start Date: 5/2012
Data Networking Internship-Eagan, MN
• Participate in design review meetings
• Update written documentation of local network designs, using text and drawings
• Participate in detailed network design by defining and documenting interconnections between switches
• Assist with installing network equipment in racks, connecting cabling, testing functionality.
• Assist with verifying network design by testing connections: execute basic Cisco switch, Cisco router, Checkpoint firewall commands to show status
• Configure switch VLANs by reading design documentation, executing basic switch commands
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to communicate clearly with all team members and end-users
• Good writing skills in English
Preferred Technical Requirements:
• Passed at least one networking class, with understanding of concepts of; ISO model, Ethernet, TCP/IP, switching, routing
• Good computer skills with a word processor such as MS Word, and a drawing program such as MS Visio
• Understanding of basic electronic devices; safe handling of equipment, protection from EMI, electrical safety procedures.
The successful candidate should be receiving either a bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science or other computer/technical related field from an accredited university.
Please apply online at www.unisys.com
Linked Contact Information
First Name:Jennifer Last Name:Massaro
Title: Campus Relations Manager
Address Line 1:801 Lakeview DriveAddress
City: Blue Bell State: PA Zip Code: 19422 Phone: 215-986-4157