Date: Mar 4, 2012
Location: Eagan, MN, US
Basic Intern Position Requirements:
– Provide support to members of Implementation for data collection, data entry, and report generation.
– Provide overflow support to receiving dock and data center technicians (eg. receiving and labeling)
– Assist on special projects requiring administrative activity (eg. data entry)
– Install, Label and perform scheduled changes to meet established data center standards.
– Work with the team to develop and maintain documentation.
– Establish and maintain configuration documentation and assist with general asset and inventory management processes.
– Perform equipment and systems testing.
Implementation’s primary responsibility is for deploying physical and virtual servers to Thomson Reuters groups primarily across the Eagan Data Centers (Data Center: E, F, H, S101)
Additionally Implementation provides
– Hardware and network support for existing servers in the data centers, assisting with break-fix and configuration change requests.
– User phone and desktop network support for break-fix, user moves, and hires.
At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
– Office applications (eg. Microsoft Office Work, Excel)
– Good communication skills (this role will require interaction with internal staff, department personnel, and middle-tier management)
– Excellent organizational skills
– Ability to manage time and projects effectively
– Willingness to learn new software applications (eg Microsoft Access, Outlook and other internal software applications)
– Work independently and with others on tasks with some technical and management guidance
– Database experience (eg Microsoft Office Access) a plus +
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 colleagues in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the fiscal year 2012 (October 1, 2011 – September 30, 2012.)
Primary Location: US-MN-Eagan
Organization: Prof Tech Shared Infrastucture
Job Type: Internship
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segments: Administrative, Data Center, Data Entry, Database, Entry Level, Intellectual Property, Intern, Legal, Technology, Testing