Stanley LaBounty CIS On-Campus Interviews
Thursday, March 29
12:00 pm – 6:00 pm (tentative times)
T2150 (Career Services)
CIS May 2012 graduates and all alums are invited to complete an on-campus interview for the full-time IT Systems Analyst position with Stanley LaBounty (Stanley Black & Decker). We encourage you to pass this onto any alums you know of who may be looking for full-time work or ready to change positions. Both employers are flexible on the interview schedule, so if needed, we can accommodate the schedules of working adults.
Registration for an interview timeslot will be conducted only through JobSpace, https://www.myinterfase.com/css/student/
Applicants are required to register for JobSpace and upload a resume prior to scheduling an interview time.
Alums and students, please contact our main line at 218-723-6085 for assistance in registering or utilizing JobSpace.
For complete instructions on this on-campus interview event, visit: http://www.css.edu/Administration/Career-Services/Upcoming-Events.html
Job Title: Systems Analyst
|Department: IT||FLSA Classification: Exempt, Full-Time|
|Grade: N/A||Location: Milwaukie, OR|
|Job Category: 2 – Professionals||Reports to: IT Manager, Hydraulic Tools|
|Prepared by: P. Buerke||Effective Date: 5-2011|
Primary objective of this position is to support the Information Technology function for the Hydraulic Tools division of Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. located in Milwaukie, OR. Candidate will interact daily with division/plant employees and site leadership. Define, analyze, support, test and administer business-related technology within a budgeted time frame and cost that will meet business requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides analytical advice and direction for application and technology that impacts business operations.
- Develops and deploys appropriate Information Technology solutions.
- Recommends modifications of basic IT systems in order to improve and simplify business systems and reduce operating cost.
- Evaluates and modifies existing technology to take into account changes in business requirements or equipment configurations.
- Provide after-hour technical support as needed.
- Understands how applications and technologies impact the business.
- Works with key business users to evaluate opportunities for increased productivity, and to automate and standardize processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Degree, certification, or equivalent education or training in Information Technology, Systems Management, or Business Management.
- 3- 5 years Information Technology experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of building strong relationships vertically and horizontally within an organization.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Results oriented with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Understanding of software development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management.
- Proficient using Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Visual Studio products.
- Proficient in ERP/MRP systems, Microsoft NAV or SAP experience desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in desktop and infrastructure support.