||Our software developers implement solutions using a variety of languages and approaches including: Java, C#, C/C++, Perl, Python and Ruby. The application style ranges from JSP, JSF, and ASP.net web user interfaces through rich internet applications/mash-ups using Ajax, Flash, and Flex to SOAP and RESTful web services. Mobile device applications are also developed for platforms such as the iPhone and BlackBerry. A range of supporting technologies is employed to host these applications including Oracle relational database & Berkeley DB; XML/XSLT processing, Linux, Solaris, and Windows Server operating systems deployed using grid computing techniques.As a Technology Intern at Thomson Reuters, you will be involved in all phases of applications development from design, coding, testing and support of these leading edge Web applications and editorial systems; and all working with leading edge technologies that you wouldn’t have experienced in a classroom setting!
Past internships have included:
– Research and prototyping projects for formal rules systems, non-traditional databases, federated identity management.
– Design and development of web-based research solutions for use by national and international customers
– Creation of custom web interfaces
– Development of large content management systems including data repositories, Web based data access and UI
– Software testing in multiple phases of the development cycle for initiatives across multiple organizations
– Performance analysis and tuning of application servers
– Creation of applications to collection and disseminate vital system statistics to various parts of the technology organization.