Posting Title: Plant Processing Control Co-op
Work Location: MINNESOTA ORE (Mt. Iron, Keewatin, Hibbing)
Department: Plant Processes
State/Province: US – MN
Pay rate: $17/hr
|United States Steel Corporation, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., is an integrated steel producer with major production operations in the United States, Canada and Central Europe and an annual raw steelmaking capability of 31.7 million net tons. The company manufactures a wide range of value-added steel sheet and tubular products for the automotive, appliance, container, industrial machinery, construction, and oil and gas industries. United States Steel Corporation’s Information Technology organization, the Business Service Center (BSC), provides Global IT, Project/Portfolio Management and Transaction Processing (AP/AR/Payroll) services to headquarters and production operations globally.
Every day, U. S. Steel employees around the world dedicate themselves to putting our five core values into action. Safety is first – it’s our company’s top priority. Our other core values are diversity and inclusion; environmental stewardship; focus on cost, quality and customer; and results and accountability. Focusing on these values guides our highly skilled workforce toward realizing our Vision: Making Steel, World Competitive, Building Value.
• Candidates must be a full-time student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other IT/Engineering-related discipline.
• Candidates must have completed or be working towards completion of their sophomore year and be in good academic standing.
• Candidates must be willing to work one of two schedules: two semesters at 16-20 hours per week followed by one summer of 40 hours per week or one semester of 40 hours per week plus one summer of 40 hours per week.
Plant Process Control Co-op
The Plant Process Control co-op position affords the opportunity to apply educational experiences to real world industrial applications. Experiences are offered that encompass both existing system maintenance / enhancements, as well as ground up design, development and installation of new systems and processes, focused on productivity and quality improvements. Strong mentoring by seasoned Control Engineers ensures a mutually beneficial work experience. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Foster a safe working environment
• Learn Business Operations
• Accurately design, develop and implement programs and systems to meet identified current and future business needs in accordance with current software development standards and standard operating procedures
• Refine and maintain system software used to control process equipment and by modifying existing programs
• Analyze and diagnose computer malfunctions and perform necessary corrective measures to efficiently return equipment and/or machinery to operational state that satisfies management objectives
• Monitor and conduct necessary tests to assure digital systems are functioning properly
• Collaborate with supervisors, operating personnel, and other maintenance personnel regarding system maintenance issues, as well as system enhancement requests
• Perform specialized analysis and prepare written reports regarding test results and malfunctions encountered with equipment, offering recommendations for improvements
• Perform preventive maintenance on computers and peripheral equipment and maintain performance and maintenance records
Please attach a recent transcript and any other related information to your application.
To apply visit the US Steel Career website.
This entry was posted in Greater Minnesota
, US Steel
. Bookmark the permalink