|United States Steel Corporation, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., is an integrated steel producer with major production operations in the United States, Canada and Central Europe and an annual raw steelmaking capability of 31.7 million net tons. The company manufactures a wide range of value-added steel sheet and tubular products for the automotive, appliance, container, industrial machinery, construction, and oil and gas industries. United States Steel Corporation’s Information Technology organization, the Business Service Center (BSC), provides Global IT, Project/Portfolio Management and Transaction Processing (AP/AR/Payroll) services to headquarters and production operations globally.
Every day, U. S. Steel employees around the world dedicate themselves to putting our five core values into action. Safety is first – it’s our company’s top priority. Our other core values are diversity and inclusion; environmental stewardship; focus on cost, quality and customer; and results and accountability. Focusing on these values guides our highly skilled workforce toward realizing our Vision: Making Steel, World Competitive, Building Value.
• Candidates must be a full-time student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Engineering,, or other IT-related discipline.
• Candidates must have completed or be working towards completion of their sophomore year and be in good academic standing.
• Candidates must be willing to work one of two schedules: two semesters at 16-20 hours per week followed by one summer of 40 hours per week or one semester of 40 hours per week plus one summer of 40 hours per week.
NOTE: Scholastica students can register for 16 credits of internship as part of a coop program.
Plant Processes Application Developer Co-op
The Plant Systems co-op position affords the opportunity to apply educational experiences to real world business applications, including Business Planning and Accounting functions. Experiences are offered that encompass both existing system maintenance / enhancements, as well as ground up design, development and installation of new systems and processes, focused on productivity and quality improvements. Strong mentoring by seasoned Business and Systems Analysts ensures a mutually beneficial work experience. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Foster a safe working environment
• Learn Business Operations
• Accurately design, develop and implement programs and systems to meet identified current and future business needs in accordance with current software development standards and standard operating procedures
• Recommend and accurately implement automated solutions in accordance with current standard operating procedures
• Accurately perform and assume other duties and responsibilities in accordance with current standard operating procedures as may be required at the direction of the Process Manager/Team Manager
• Work independently and with minimal direction in the areas of operations, security and software installation
• Write custom programs as required for software implementation, application interfaces, reports and inquiry screens
Please attach a recent transcript and any other related information to your application.