Wed Designer Internship – Thrivent Financial – Summer 2012 Paid
|Auto req ID
||Intern (Web Designer)
||WI-Appleton – Ballard Road
||Thrivent Financial for Lutherans is a not-for-profit, Fortune 500 financial services membership organization helping approximately 2.5 million members achieve financial security and give back to their communities. Thrivent Financial and its affiliates offer a broad range of financial products and services. As a not-for-profit, values-based organization, Thrivent Financial creates and supports national outreach programs and activities that help congregations, schools, charitable organizations and individuals in need.
The summer IT internship program is designed to give interns meaningful work in specific functions of the IT environment, to provide a deeper understanding of information technology and its relationship to the greater organization, and to help interns get to know Thrivent Financial for Lutherans better.
This paid internship is full time hours for 12 weeks during the summer of 2012, and will be located in our Appleton, WI office.
|Job Roles / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
||Responsibilities: the Web Designer Intern will work directly with other Thrivent IT techs, and can expect involvement in supporting updates to multiple websites, researching web topics and performing design tasks
• Thorough knowledge of HTML, solid in raw HTML code
• Basic understanding of MS Office and Adobe Acrobat, also PHP and Apache
• Familiar with Content Management/Versioning software
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
Overall Requirements and Expected Competencies:
• Currently enrolled in an Information Technology program
• Academic status of at least a sophomore
• A track record of excellent academic performance (GPA 3.2+)
• Must be able to work in the office during normal business hours
• Team player
• Strong problem identification and problem solving skills
• Able to develop basic work plans
• Handle fast pace – deadline driven
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills
• High technical aptitude
• Self-directed, with strong personal management and organization skills
Other Important Factors:
• Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
• Interns are solely responsible for securing their own summer housing within commuting distance of our office in the Appleton, WI metro area
Visit https://www.thrivent.com/careers/ or view the specific listing here.