Java Developer Intern – Thrivent Financial – Summer 2012 Paid
|Auto req ID
||Intern (Java Developer)
||MN-Minneapolis – 625 Fourth Ave So
WI-Appleton – Ballard Road
||Thrivent Financial for Lutherans is a not-for-profit, Fortune 500 financial services membership organization helping approximately 2.5 million members achieve financial security and give back to their communities. Thrivent Financial and its affiliates offer a broad range of financial products and services. As a not-for-profit, values-based organization, Thrivent Financial creates and supports national outreach programs and activities that help congregations, schools, charitable organizations and individuals in need.
The summer IT internship program is designed to give interns meaningful work in specific functions of the IT environment, to provide a deeper understanding of information technology and its relationship to the greater organization, and to help interns get to know Thrivent Financial for Lutherans better.
This paid internship is full time hours for 12 weeks during the summer of 2012, and will be located in our Appleton, WI or Minneapolis, MN offices. There are several positions available.
|Job Roles / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
||Responsibilities that our Java Developer interns will have will be based on the needs of the individual managers involved, but the overall requirements are the same for each position. The various teams will have their Java Developer interns work directly with other Thrivent IT developers, and can expect involvement in these assignments:
• Java development as well as changes to existing Java applications
• Opportunities in GUI development from simple to complex
• Analysis of system workflows for break/fix as well as alternate approach/improvement suggestions
• Testing applications and system integration
• Opportunities in lower level design
||• Currently pursuing a degree in MIS or Computer Science
• Academic status of at least a sophomore
• A track record of excellent academic performance (GPA 3.2+)
• Strong problem identification and problem solving skills
• Basic understanding of Web Application development
• Basic understanding of Web Server Technology like Apache Web Servers and Tomcat
• Exposure to relational database technologies like MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server or DB2
• Familiar with Linux/Unix System Administration
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills
• High technical aptitude
• Self-directed, with strong personal management and organization skills
• Team player
• Must be able to work in the office during normal business hours
Other Important Factors:
• Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
• Interns are solely responsible for securing their own summer housing within commuting distance of our office in the Appleton WI, or Minneapolis MN metro area
Visit https://www.thrivent.com/careers/ or see the specific job listing here.