|The purpose of our Internship Program is to develop students and young professionals through hands-on experience combined with career development and industry networking opportunities. This program aims to provide interns with relevant experience, connections to practitioners within their field of study, and in-depth knowledge of the market in which we operate.
Spring Session Dates: January 23, 2012 – May 11, 2012
Hours: 10-15 hours/week
Application deadline: December 5, 2011
As a Work Effects Intern, you can expect:
- A competitive hourly wage
- Real-world experience and skill-building
- Constant performance feedback
- Opportunity to be connected with practitioners in your field
- Projects that are aligned with professional and academic goals and company objectives
We will work with your educational institution to provide letters or forms of completion, internship evaluations, and any other documents necessary to fulfill academic requirements.
We are seeking a motivated problem-solver with diverse data management and technical expertise including .Net, SQL, or JQuery to serve as our Programming Intern. This person will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and maintaining database-driven web applications that serve our clients.
- Modifying and extending existing web applications on a Microsoft stack
- Building, integrating, and deploying new ASP.NET and Web Forms applications
- Adding client-side interactivity with JQuery
- Writing and editing SQL Server 2008 stored procedures
- Report design, building, and deployment
- Infrastructure configuration management
- Expertise in ASP.NET, or PHP programming
- SQL Server skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Preferred experience in programming with complex database interfaces