IT Applications Internship (2 positions available) maurices, dressbarn and Justice are world-class specialty retailers that build an exciting and powerful connection with our customers through well-defined fashion brands. We believe we are creating one of the best work experiences in retail. At all three brands, we create great places to work and shop! We have 2 exciting opportunities available as an Intern within IT at maurices, a part of the ascena retail group (maurices, dressbarn and Justice). Ascena was recently listed as the #1 fastest growing retailers (www.stores.org/hot-100-retailers)! These are paid positions. They are part-time with flexible hours (approximately 20-40 hours per week). The interns will be eligible to receive our associate discount. The IT Applications Internship is approximately 4-8 months in duration. This opportunity will provide college students with practical experience in the programming field. It will allow them to broaden their understanding of the concepts learned in school and get a taste of the ‘real world’ before they are fully committed to it. Responsibilities: As an associate within the IT department, you will have the opportunity to gain experience with multiple corporate tasks as well as programming assignments and problem investigation.
- Candidates should be pursuing a college degree in information technology or a similar field of study.
- Be currently taking – or have recently completed – advanced IT classes.
- Seeking relevant experience in field and/or internship credit.
- Authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
The successful candidate must:
- Possess strong computer skills (MS Word and Excel).
- Have strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to interact well with others.
- Demonstrate effective listening and inquiry skills.
- Have SharePoint, UNIX scripting, PL/SQL, .net skills (preferred).
- Demonstrate professionalism and strong teamwork skills.
Visit www.maurices.com/corp/jobs.jsp to apply; Click here to apply All Replies Confidential We are an equal opportunity employer and invite you to explore career opportunities with us