Programming Internship at Maurices
We have an exciting opportunity available as an Intern within IT at maurices, a part of ascena retail group (maurices, dressbarn and Justice). Ascena was recently listed as the #1 fastest growing retailers (www.stores.org/hot-100-retailers)!
This is a paid position. It is part-time with flexible hours (approximately 20-40 hours per week). This position will be eligible to receive the maurices associate discount.
The IT Applications Intern is approximately 4-8 months in duration. This position will provide college students with practical experience in the programming field. It allows them to broaden their understanding of the concepts learned in school and get a taste of the ‘real world’ before they are fully committed to it.
As an associate within the IT Department, you will have the opportunity to gain experience with multiple corporate tasks as well as programming assignments and problem investigation.
- Candidates should be pursuing a college degree in information technology or a similar field of study.
- Be currently taking – or have recently completed – advanced IT classes.
- Seeking relevant experience in field and/or internship credit.
- Authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
The successful candidate must:
- Possess strong computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Have strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to interact well with others.
- Demonstrate effective listening and inquiry skills.
- Have SharePoint, Unix scripting, PL/SQL, .net skills (preferred).
- Demonstrate professionalism and strong teamwork skills.
All Replies Confidential / We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact Tom Gibbons for details on how to apply.