Under general supervision, provides a variety of services designed to apply computer technology to solve moderately complex clinical, financial, and patient data problems of the organization. Application analysts are technical experts in the operation, configuration, customization and/or development of solutions. They work closely with clients to analyze the organizations activities in order to best meet the business needs. Responsibilities include assisting with evaluating needs and developing a model, specifications, and logic diagrams; planning, developing, testing, and documenting custom package programs and new applications/programs; implementing/installing new programs/systems in production; and providing support to user departments on various systems. May serve as project leader for small, more focused projects. Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, co-workers, and others.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent. Over 3 years of programming experience or demonstrated ability to meet skill requirements of Application System Analyst II job description.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Mental Requirements
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using a variety of computer platforms including mainframe and personal computer.
- Proficiency in a variety of programming languages as required.
- Ability to solve problems in a structured manner using analytical thinking skill.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks.
- Experience in supporting 3rd party applications.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and apply emerging technical and business related knowledge.