Job ID: 13554
Job Title: Interns–IT
Organization Name: Weis Builders
No of Openings: 4
Hours per Week: 20
Employment Start Date: May 23, 2011
Employment End Date: August 12, 2011
Supervisor: Robert Mayer
Job Description: Weis Builders wants talented people to grow with us….
• We provide the opportunity to build your career on a solid foundation
• We build in markets throughout the United States
• We are among the nation’s largest general contractors
Since 1939, Weis Builders has specialized in the construction of multi-unit residential, retail, hospitality, senior living, commercial, student living, and health care projects.
Begin your career with a chance to succeed and the opportunity to grow in an environment focused on individual development and best practices. Apply what you have learned in the classroom and do great things at Weis Builders.
We are currently recruiting for the following internship opportunities:
• Information Systems Associate
o Assisting with a company-wide desktop hardware refresh project
o Requires familiarity with
Microsoft Windows OSs (Windows 7 and Windows XP)
TCP/IP networking concepts
PC Hardware including desktop and notebook systems
o Experience with Microsoft application software (e.g., Microsoft Office) a plus
• Accounting Associate
o Works in our Finance function supporting accounts receivable/payable and job cost accountants
o Performs financial analytic assignments on projects, costs/charges, payments, etc. to ensure compliance with established company financial procedures and accepted accounting practices
o Requires familiarity with accounting process and procedures, strong interpersonal skills, and high level of energy
• Marketing Associate
o Performs marketing assignments from direction provided by the Marketing and Business Development Associates
o Gather and update project information by providing creative copy for project profiles, cataloging marketing materials (i.e. photographs, etc.), and updating information for business development proposals
o Assist in the creation of statements of qualifications and proposals
• Human Resources Associate
o Supports and enhances applicant tracking activities
o Involved with website and social media updates and recommendations
o Enhances various recruiting, recognition, and learning initiatives
If you have the drive, we’ll provide the opportunities. Join an organization where you’ll play a key role in exciting projects, continue to develop your skills, and advance your career goals.
Qualifications: The requirements listed are representative of the education and training, knowledge and experience, and skills and abilities required for these positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Training:
• Enrolled in a 4-year degree program with a relevant major to the internship
Skills and Abilities:
• Client/Customer Focus
• Functional/Technical Skills relevant to the internship opportunity
• Priority Setting—focuses efforts and time on what’s most important by identifying the critical few priorities and plans for and adjusts to problems and roadblocks
• Problem solving/Analysis—able to use a variety of tools, techniques, and approaches
• Drive For Results—pushes self and others for results; bottom-line oriented
• Team Member Relationships— strong sense of accountability; self-starter and motivator; takes initiative.
• Communications Skills—effective in a variety of presentation settings; able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; practices attentive/active listening.
• Decision Making—able to make strong, well documented decisions in a timely manner.
• These jobs are performed in an office setting.
Application Instructions: These internships are unpaid opportunities. They will require a commitment of at least 20 hours per week for the internship period (approximately 10 weeks). Individuals interested in applying should submit a cover letter and their resume to Careers@Weisbuilders.com. You should indicate in the subject line of the e-mail the specific internship position (i.e. IS, Finance, Marketing, or HR) for which you are applying.
On-line Application Address :
*First Name: Robert
*Last Name: Mayer
Address Line 1: 7645 Lyndale Avenue South
Address Line 2:
Map of Address Above: Online Map
Job Location: Minneapolis
Minimum GPA: 3.0000
*Post Date: 2/23/2011
*Expiration Date: 3/31/2011