Job ID: 13543
Job Title: C# ASP/.NET Developer
Organization Name: The Nerdery
No of Openings: 4
Hours per Week: 40
Wage/Salary: Based on Experience
Employment Start Date: ASAP
Job Description: Founded by three programming pioneers in 2003, web development firm The Nerdery has about 200 interactive professionals who’ve collectively made The Nerdery #1 on Mpls-St. Paul Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list. The Nerdery has also made Top Workplace lists published by Minneapolis Star Tribune and Minnesota Monthly. The Nerdery partners with ad agencies, marketers and others with big ideas to help companies use interactive technology to do business, better. We also work with companies’ IT and operations staff to engineer web and mobile solutions that integrate business systems and automate workflow processes. The Nerdery was honored in 2010 with The Quality of Life Award and The Jefferson Award for our record of corporate philanthropy through The Nerdery Overnight Website Challenge, at which volunteers have so far donated a million dollars worth of web development services to 39 nonprofits. The Nerdery has made the Inc 5000 and Biz Journal Fast 50 lists of fast-growing privately owned companies for the past three consecutive years, which means we’re constantly seeking to add talent (nerds) who want to be challenged and crave the kind of workplace culture we’ve created at our Minneapolis and Chicago offices. Our continued success depends on attracting people who want to grow with us.
We are hiring .NET Developers! Do you have a passion for learning, collaboration, and being on the cutting edge of web development?
* Must have a strong understanding of C# and OO design
* Must be familiar with .NET 3.5+
* Must have SQL Server knowledge
* Strong familiarity with ASP.NET webforms development
* Strong familiarity with .NET Webservice Interactions (ASP.NET Webservices, WCF)
* Familiarity with ASP.NET MVC
* Familiarity with at least one ORM (LINQ to SQL, NHibernate, etc…)
* Familiarity and advocate of best practices (Standard Naming Conventions, Architecture)
Would be a bonus if you have:
* Silverlight/WPF/XNA/Winforms experience
* .NET CF experience
What are the Perks of working at The Nerdery?
* Developer-oriented workplace
* 85% of staff has development background including senior management
* Casual dress
* FREE Breakfast!
* Team environment
* Flexible 40 hour work week
* Performance-based bonuses
* Benefits package including a 401k
* Onsite Yoga classes
* Massage service
* Monthly dog groomer visit
* Convenient lunch ordering and delivery – daily
* Arcade games, Chess, Anime, and daily Hacky Sack
We would like our developers to all work onsite, so we are not considering any telecommuters, agencies, or contractors at this time.
Application Instructions: Please include your resume and examples if you have them.
On-line Application Address : http://nerdery.com/jobs
Job Location: Bloomington, MN
Full-time Entry Level
*Post Date: 2/22/2011
*Expiration Date: 3/22/2011