What you’ll do:
- Under some supervision, responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration library of all supporting documentation.
- Represents team as lead on projects driven both inside and outside of the team.
- This position will be located in Duluth, MN.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 3-6 years of IT experience.
- 3-6 years system administration experience.
- 3-6 years of experience with AIX/UNIX administration.
- IMB pSeries environments preferred.
- Proven ability to lead team project activities.
- Proven communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to be on-call 24/7 and have a flexible work schedule.