Job ID: 11705
Job Title: Database Coordinator
Organization Name: Minnesota Council of Churches
No of Openings: 1
Hours per Week: 20
Employment Start Date: ASAP
Supervisor: Asst Director of Organizational Development
Job Description: Organizational Background:
The Minnesota Council of Churches links together more than 1 million people of faith to build the common good. The Council’s program areas include building interfaith relationships, public policy advocacy, and refugee resettlement. A premiere statewide council of churches, MCC is constituted by its 24 member Mainline Protestant, Historical Black Church, and Orthodox regional denominational offices.
Purpose: Maintain accurate and current database for use in engaging with constituents, communications, and fundraising.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain constituent data
• Track donor and prospect information
• Manage gift entry and acknowledgement
• Maintain mailing lists, assuring that MCC conforms with anti-SPAM policies
• Prepare contact lists and send e-mail newsletters, mailings and solicitations
• Assist with database maintenance and clean-up
• Maintain, adapt, and create policies and procedures related to the database
• Assist with event preparation and registration
• Assist with tracking in-kind gifts and volunteer hours
• Assist with website interface
• Track grant seeking activities in database and maintain files
• Generate reports and queries, including monthly reports on grant activity, donors, volunteers, and in-kind contributions
• Provide or supplement staff and volunteer FileMaker training as needed.
• Provide and supervise additional data entry resources for staff, above and beyond staff member data entry capabilities and resources, when necessary.
• Create mailing labels and donor lists when needed by staff for mailings or events.
• Prepare contact lists for emails and newsletters.
• Respond to requests for mailing labels
• Import/export constituent records, and implement new database features.
• Perform other tasks as assigned
This position requires a highly organized individual who understands databases, how they work and how to best leverage their relational power. It requires critical thinking, curiosity and initiative. It requires project coordinator skills. It requires a strong communicator and teacher. And it requires someone who is exceptionally accurate and detail oriented, but also capable of high-level analysis and problem solving. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
The ideal candidate has familiarity with and sensitivity to the constituency of the MCC including diverse ethnic and religious backgrounds. The ideal candidate is committed to strict confidentiality of donor information. This position requires compassion, interpersonal concern and sensitivity.
This position requires a minimum of two years experience in fundraising and data base management. It requires strong knowledge of FileMaker or equivalent, Microsoft Excel and internet access skills.
Application Instructions: Compensation: Salary range of $14,680 – 22,020. This is a non-exempt, part-time position. Benefits include sick leave, vacation and holiday benefits as provided by MCC human resources policy.
REQUEST AND SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM BY 5 PM, AUGUST 16, 2010
Minnesota Council of Churches, 122 West Franklin Ave #100, Minneapolis MN 55404
Phone: 612-230-3204 / FAX: 612-870-3622 / http://www.mnchurches.org
The Minnesota Council of Churches is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
On-line Application Address : http://www.mnchurches.org