Job ID: 11609
Job Title: Quality Assurance Analyst
Organization Name: Hennepin County
Wage/Salary: $57,023.20 – $91,272.48 Annually
Employment Start Date: 1/1/2010
Job Description: Hennepin County is a leader in local jurisdiction justice integration activities, with its ongoing Hennepin Justice Integration Program (HJIP). Hennepin County has successfully implemented real-time information exchanges between several criminal justice agencies. These information exchanges improve the timeliness and quality of information shared between the many justice agencies operating within the borders of Hennepin County, who together process more than half of the State’s criminal cases and violations each year.
These improvements in information sharing improve criminal justice by providing more accurate, intuitive, accessible and user friendly information; reducing the potential for errant interpretation; improved ability to measure results; better decision-making, especially in the areas of arresting, charging, releasing, and sentencing; greater staff efficiency; enabling business improvements such as real-time, in-court case updating; and greater accountability in the criminal justice system.
HJIP is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst to provide analysis and testing as part of this program.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
· Manage multiple interdependent projects in the creation and execution of test plans, test cases, and test data within the framework of a structured test methodology.
· Ensure test cases developed are clear, repeatable and traceable to the requirements.
· Work with agency business and IT users to better understand their areas and how they integrate and depend on other agencies.
· Utilize and support the use of a Defect Tracking tool to enter information about software bugs or unexpected results per the test plan.
· Lead the creation of test plans and their execution to insure the accuracy, integrity and usability of applications.
· Understand business requirements for testing purposes.
· Analyze and investigate issues with Broker Integrations.
· Conduct impact and gap analysis for current projects to provide insights to Quality Assurance (QA) architect and project managers.
Qualifications: The Ideal Candidate will have:
· One of the following:
o Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, management information systems (MIS) or related field plus at least two full-time equivalent years of development or quality assurance analysis experience working with all levels of business and technology staff.
o A two-year degree or approved certification in an IT program and at least four full-time equivalent years of development or quality assurance analyst experience working with all levels of business and technology staff.
o An approved equivalent combination of the above cited education and experience to equal at least six full-time equivalent years.
· Knowledge of all aspects of the software development life cycle including design, development, testing, implementation and support.
· Proficiency in writing test plans, creating test cases, test data, and user documentation.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and contribute in a team environment including the ability to gain consensus on issue resolution with multiple parties.
· Demonstrated knowledge of SQL and XML.
· Effective analytical, organizational and time management skills.
· Experience leading the creation and execution of test plans.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to demonstrate the employee competencies.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Application Instructions: To apply for this position please visit our website at http://www.hennepin.jobs
For additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at 612-348-2163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org